Le Chien de Creme

Monday, July 25, 2011

How Sweet it is...

To be loved by you...

I finally finished this vanity.  I think I repainted it 4 times before I was satisfied with how it looked.  I don't know what the deal is, but the wax doesn't do the same thing on veneer as it does on real wood and I am still learning how to adjust for that.   I am not very good at wax yet.  I really need to take an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop at Robyn Story Designs.   That is what I am going to ask for for my birthday...

I really need a new laptop too...tho...but it would be so fun to take a workshop and really learn just what the heck I am doing!   I hope to get a little better at this painting furniture thing by the time school starts!   I will have more time to hunt for treasures too!  Right now I am pretty much relying on craigslist to find good items, but I need to be able to drive down to St Pete or Clearwater and scour some of the thrift shops down there. 

I need to have patience, which I don't have a lot of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment