Le Chien de Creme

Monday, August 15, 2011

Junkin' Luncheon



When you a begin a new adventure you never know what is around the corner!

When I decided a few months ago that the old kitchen table out on my patio would be fun to paint, I didn't realize at the time it was opening me up for new adventures, new interests, new places to visit, and most of all LOTS of NEW FRIENDS!

Deciding to paint that little table led to me researching online about painting furniture, and THAT led me to all kinds of creative and beautiful blogs by women who are doing the very same thing--in many many different ways and styles and colors and paints!   Speaking of PAINTS...who would have thought PAINT would lead me to MEETING some of these extremely talented and fun women that I only read about in cyberspace!!!

Last Thursday, a great lady named Jessica who has a blog named http://stellarjunk.blogspot.com/ organized a get together of women who all live (somewhat) locally to meet up at the oh-so-FABULOUS store belonging to Robyn Story in Tampa http://robynstorydesigns.com/ and gather around some great food, great conversations, great sharing and most of all GREAT PAINT!!!   After having a tour of Robyn's totally cool studio where she gives incredible workshops (I can't wait to take one once my boys are back to school) we all excitedly grabbed paint brushes and wood pieces and got to PLAY with all the fun colors and waxes of ANNIE SLOAN!   It was fun to see what colors people went for and what they did with them!   It was amazing to see how diverse and different lots of little wood pieces could turn out all because we all have our own style and creativity!!


It was so much fun, and our hostess Robyn is always so gracious and sweet!   The best part was making new friends--Kathy http://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-Drawer-Diva/222694241078241?sk=wall, Jessica, Deena http://highfalootinjunk.com/, Elizabeth http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Things-Work-Together/101739616550504?sk=info, and Michele http://stiltskinstudios.blogspot.com/!

And, while meeting NEW friends, I got to spend time with a good friend who has decided to take this journey with me, and is now my new PICKER PARTNER!   Watch out, because when our boys go back to school you might see us cramming all kinds of TREASURE in to my van from all ends of FLORIDA!!!   It is fun to have a friend to share the passion with me --so HERE's to CHRISTINE, my fellow hunter of all that need to be redone and made lovely!
Seeing that a bunch of women can be doing somewhat similar things, can be supportive of each other and cheer each other on is so awesome!    We all have our own ideas and love of what we are doing in similar but different ways!!!!   WE ALL NEED EACH OTHERS ENCOURAGEMENT and SUPPORT and I found that in these new friends !  HOORAY!!!    All because of some pots of paint...

WHAT FUN WE ARE ALL HAVING!!  If you want to join in the fun too and win some of Annie Sloan's fabulous paint... CLICK on the LINK below to JOIN the FUN!
Robyn Story Designs and Boutique: "EVERYTHING ANNIE SLOAN" GIVEAWAY

3 comments:

  1. What a great time it was. And it is so true - we do need each others support! I am all about supporting other women. I was even talking with GypsyBleus (who couldn't make the luncheon) about launching a little challenge to people via Facebook to do their holiday shopping from local and small businesses. What a great thing to do! Anywho...this was a great time, I am so glad you made it, it was so great to meet you and Christine and I can't wait to do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea Jessica! I would be interested in doing something like that for the holidays! Great idea! We could all give little freebies maybe too! It was great to meet you, and your boys are darling and so well behaved!!! Hope to see you all soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue come on over and check out my latest post!

    ReplyDelete