Le Chien de Creme

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My fingers are pruned and raw..but its coming along!

So this painting, sanding, staining, rubbing steel wool, washing my hands 100 times has taken it's toll on my fingers and fingernails...but my chair is coming along!  I am sure it will look good once it is finished!  Anyone want to buy it?  No idea what to price it.  I guess it depends on how much blood, sweat and tears I feel like I have put into it at the end (not really blood but LOTS of sweat and maybe a few tears from my kids who have been abandoned and neglected over my new hobby!!)   Not really, I still feed them and get them chocolate milk.   They are getting really good at beating all of the Lego Harry Potter wii levels tho...isn't that what summer is all about?   

I found myself awake last night in the middle of the night thinking about how I want to do the other 4 chairs I have.   Do I want to make them match and paint them a simple color?   Or do I want to get really creative and paint each one different but cool?   I have this fear of having tons of chairs in my garage doing nothing if I paint them all as individuals and just giving them away!   I never was a very good salesman anyway!!!   So, if you are a friend of mine, give me your ideas for colors because you just may end up with a new chair for free!   (especially when my husband decides my new hobby isn't cute anymore and wants to put his car in the garage)....

Pix later, apparently Blogger doesn't want to upload right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment