Le Chien de Creme

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to my new adventure!



I  have just embarked on a new adventure-painting old discarded furniture to turn it into something lovely and loved again!  I have been scouring the web, blogs, and facebook for ideas and have found myself being all consumed!   My first project was an old table that used to be our kitchen table, it took much abuse and was banished to the outside porch.  I hand-sanded, tried an electric sander (which I found to be really heavy and harder than regular sanding), bought sandpaper that was stripper, bought liquid stripper, and finally just started painting the sucker!  I distressed it after painting it using regular sandpaper and beat it up with a screwdriver,  bottle opener and hammer...after that I applied a coat of glaze/stain combo and wiped off.   The end result turned out pretty good!!   Above are the before and after!

Next I decided to refinish a little sewing/end table that I have.   I did more research and I came across the most fabulous paint
www.anniesloan.com
 It is chalk paint that literally transforms furniture into a thing of beauty, but ALSO doesn't require sanding or priming!   A dream come true!   I also got a lot of tips and advice from Michele at Stiltskin Studios .  I follow her blog so check her out on the right!!

The table I refinished turned out great!!   Here it is:


SO!  My next journey is a bunch of chairs I bought from a nice man on craiglist...I plan on doing each chair separately, so we shall see how they turn out!!
Here is a preview:


All taped up and ready for some stripes!!!

I am also redoing the cabinets in one of my bathrooms black!  
Will share that when I am finished!!!
Thank you for checking out my new blog (my old one disappeared!)

No comments:

Post a Comment